Movie: Dil Dhadakne Do
Director: Zoya Akhtar
Release Date: June 5th 2015
Cast: Ranveer Singh, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Anil Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar, Shefali Shetty, Rahul Bose
Now here’s a fun-filled family comedy that you shouldn’t miss! The dysfunctional Mehra family invite their friends and relatives to join them on a cruise to celebrate their 30th anniversary. Their shenanigans throughout the 10-day journey to Turkey & Greece will keep you laughing and engaged the whole ride!
1. Priyanka Chopra was stunning! Everything from her outfits, hair-dos, to her sculpted body (check out her biceps!) and even her acting – top-notch. She has built this athletic body for her upcoming ABC TV Show “Quantico,” in which she stars as a FBI-trainee.
2. The comedy was mostly right on – not the typical cringe-worthy stuff you would expect in Bollywood. Ranveer was absolutely hilarious and very natural.
3. Anushka Sharma was the hottest she has ever been. She plays a dancer on the cruise and Ranveer’s lover. Anushka and Ranveer make a great on-screen couple – remember them in Band Baaja Baraat? Check out Anushka’s “swing dancing” in this film.
4. One of the songs, “Gallan Goodiyan” was shot in one take!! It’s fabulously choreographed and makes the audience feel like they are at the party!
1. There was no hit “item-song” which I think this movie was lacking, however the focus was not on the songs in general which may have been a positive.
2. The movie was 2.5 hours long…but to be honest it goes by pretty fast because you’re laughing through most of it.
3. Yes, Anil Kapoor is graying. Let’s not forget he is 58 years old! He suits his role very well in this film as a manipulative patriarchal figure.
Fun-Fact: This film is narrated by Pluto, the family dog, whose voice is played by Aamir Khan.
On the whole, Dil Dhadakne Do is a hit and a must-see Bollywood film for the entire family. You can’t go wrong with this stellar cast and talented director Zoya Akhtar!
Sets/Filming Location: 4/5
Eye Candy: 4/5
Length of Movie: 2/5
Overall: 3.5/5 or 7/10
* = flop, don’t even bother
** = time pass, you’ll live if you don’t see it
*** = worth a watch
**** = A hit, see it in the theater!
***** = Bollywood Blockbuster