Release Date: September 19th, 2014 Length: 140 min
Director: Shashanka Ghosh
Producer: Walt Disney Pictures in association with Anil Kapoor Film Company
Based on the 1980 hit, “Khubsoorat” starring Rekha and Rakesh Roshan – this remake produced by Disney and Anil Kapoor Film Co. is a romcom starring the charming Sonam Kapoor, daughter of Anil Kapoor.
Dr. Mili Chakravarty (Sonam Kapoor) plays an uppity, colorful, high-energy physical therapist who is hired by an aristocratic family near Jaipur to rehabilitate the king (Aamir Raza Hussain), who has been wheelchair bound for ten years. His son, Prince Vikram Rathore (Pakistani heartthrob Fawad Khan) finds love interest in Dr. Mili…however a few obstacles stand in the way: 1. His mother (Ratna Pathak Shah), the authoritarian figure has strict rules and regulations placed on the Rathore family 2. the prince’s engagement to Kiara (Aditi Rao). 3. Vikram and Mili’s polar-opposite personalities. Watch the movie to find out how Dr. Mili wins over the Rathore family!
- It’s a comedy – just don’t forget to leave your brains at the door!
- Sonam Kapoor does a decent job given her ridiculous character role she has been given to portray. I prefer watching her in less ridiculous roles, though.
- Fawad Khan – beyond eye-candy. Can’t wait for him to be in more Bollywood films!
- The sets: this film is shot in Rajasthan at the most beautiful palaces!!
- Fawad Khan’s suits. He rocks much better attire than Sonam does.
Note: he only looks hot with facial hair…don’t believe me? Google image him.
- Too many “cringe-worthy” scenes. Sonam Kapoor’s character was overdone.
- Sonam’s outfits – outrageous. She is a gorgeous MODEL…other than putting her in a few workout clothes here and there, her wardrobe was distracting and too outlandish. She never even wears the outfit in the “princess-like” movie poster!
- Songs – very disappointing. This movie had great potential for an awesome soundtrack – but yet, it did not meet my expectations.
- As a physical therapist myself, I wish they had shown more of the transition of the King’s rehabilitation progress throughout the movie (e.g., how she progressed him from being able to extend his knee to standing!)
Overall, it’s worth a watch if you’re a Sonam fan – of if you want to be a Fawad fan. Otherwise, don’t sweat it if you miss it.
* Fun Fact * Fawad Khan – Pakistani actor who played in a band, Entity Paradigm. Yes, he sings! Check out ‘Bolo Bolo’ they played at Coke Studio.
Sets/Filming Location: 4/5
Eye Candy: 4/5
Length of Movie: 3/5
Overall: *** (3/5) or 6/10
* = flop, don’t even bother
** = time pass, you’ll live if you don’t see it
*** = worth a watch
**** = A hit!
***** = Bollywood Blockbuster