Director: Kabir Khan, Producer: Salman Khan
Actors: Salman Khan, Harshaali Malhotra, Kareena Kapoor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Synopsis: Salman Khan, “Bajrangi,” is a Hanuman-loving Indian citizen who stumbles across an innocent, mute 7 year old Pakistani girl, “Munni” (Harshaali Malhotra) who is lost in Delhi and cannot find her family. She follows Bajrangi and he eventually takes her to his home. He develops a strong, loving friendship with the girl but eventually takes it upon himself to return her back to her family. This film tells an endearing story of how Bajrangi and Chand Nawab, a Pakistani reporter, try to find Munni’s home in Pakistan. “Bhajrangi Bhaijaan” is a heart-warming tear-jerker that you don’t want to miss!
- Absolutely award-winning performance by “Munni” (Harshaali Malhotra) – an extremely adorable and very talented child actress. She steals the show the entire time!
2. This is NOT your typical “India/Pakistan” love story/war movie. It is, though, an emotional roller coaster of drama and comedy – be ready to laugh and shed some tears!
3. The first song, “Selfie Re Le Le” is very fun, upbeat, colorful and catchy – it definitely lightens the mood at this point in the story. What’s a Salman Khan movie without his classic dance movies??
4. Salman plays the antithesis of his normal Bollywood hero roles. It almost feels like he is trying to make up for his real-life sins by playing a virtuous, modest, humble man in his reel-life.
- Length of the movie – too long! There were plenty of scenes that were dragged out.. A good 30-45 minutes could have easily been cut out.
2. Too many slow-mo, dramatic, hindi TV-show type shots. Picture two lovers running through the fields towards each other – except this time it’s Salman and a little girl.
3. “Chicken Dance” was the worst song in this movie. It seemed like a filler song meant for a kid’s movie.
4. Kareena Kapoor, “Rasika,” did not play a major role in this film. No item songs in this movie, guys. Harshaali was most definitely the lead actress and superstar of the film.
Fun Facts: The scene where Nawazuddin Siddiqui is introduced as the reporter is actually based on a 2008 YouTube video called “funny Pakistani reporter.” Ha!
What did Aamir Khan have to say about Bhajrangi Bhaijaan? Check it out!
Overall – this movie is a Bollywood HIT meant for everyone to see, even if you are not a Salman Khan fan. No worries if you missed it in theaters – be sure to check it out on DVD.
Sets/Filming Location: 5/5
Eye Candy: 3.5/5
Length of Movie: 2.5/5
* = flop, don’t even bother
** = time pass, you’ll live if you don’t see it
*** = worth a watch
**** = A definite hit!
***** = Bollywood Blockbuster